The International Friends Foundation has one goal that we take very seriously: to help young students become the best version of themselves through global experiences. We do this is by providing scholarships to currently enrolled high school students who are planning to travel abroad during the summer. We give scholarships to high school students because we believe that if young students have the opportunity to experience another culture, it will greatly impact the way they perceive the world and their role in it, along with the future decisions they make as they continue their education in college and become the leaders of tomorrow.
Each year we select passionate high school students in Georgia and North Carolina who want to travel, volunteer, study, or go on mission trips abroad and are looking for help to cover the cost. In 2012 we awarded 2 scholarships and in 2013 we awarded 4 scholarships. To apply for a scholarship you need to know of a program or third-party organization that you want to travel through. For a list of ideas on programs and opportunities that we recommend please click here. *Note – this is not a comprehensive list. If you have a question about what programs we accept please email us.
The application period for 2014 is now open and the deadline has been extended until April 16, 2014 at 11:59pm. We are looking for individuals who show a passion for building friendships and communication all around the world. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply!
After reviewing the eligibility requirements below, you can apply online or you can download the application and mail it to the address below. We will not accept applications postmarked after March 16th, 2014:IFF Scholarship Program P.O. Box 142225 Fayetteville, GA 30214
To be eligible, applicant’s should:
- Be currently enrolled in a Georgia or North Carolina high school.
- Have at least a cumulative 2.5 GPA
- Know of an exchange program/organization they will be using to travel abroad. (For questions concerning what programs are accepted, email us at email@example.com) Applicants who want to travel without using a third party organization will NOT be accepted.
- The 2014 scholarship winners are required to complete an Inspire Abroad Project within one month of returning from their trip. This is not meant to be challenging for the scholarship recipient, but merely a way for them to get the most out of their experiences, give back to the community and encourage others to do the same. Winners must select one of three options to fulfill their Inspire Abroad Project.
- 1. Make a short video about your trip answering the questions, “How did your experiences overseas help you become a better person? Why would you recommend other students travel abroad?” (Minimum 4 minutes long)
- 2. Go to a high school or middle school class and give a short presentation about your trip and inspiring youth to travel abroad.
- 3. Design your own Inspire Abroad Project. You must get this idea approved BEFORE you go on your trip.
CLICK HERE to complete the application online, or download the mail-in application below.
It is rare to find a scholarship for high school students to travel in the summer and we encourage you to take advantage of the opportunity. We are growing and awarding more scholarships each year. Our first year we gave away two scholarships to Zach Davies and Patty Lawson. We were able to award four scholarships to the following students this past summer:
– Kyle Adams going to Oschersleben, Germany
– O’Keefe Johnson going to Chinandega, Nicaragua
– Kevin Kelly going to Segorbe, Spain
– Soraya Kelly going to Segorbe, Spain
Thank you to everyone who has been part of the journey and donated in time or money to help award these scholarships. We invite you to read more about our Scholar’s adventures below.
If you are interested in sponsoring a scholarship please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 678-500-9264.